A method of writing or printing, alternately from right to left
and left to right, like the path of oxen in ploughing. (Greek,
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Boustrophedon from Infoplease:
- boustrophedon: meaning and definitions - boustrophedon: Definition and Pronunciation
- Boustrophedon - Boustrophedon A method of writing or printing, alternately from right to left and left to right, ...
- boustrophedon - boustrophedon: n. [from a Greek word for turning like an ox while plowing] An ancient method of ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index bop bo-peep Bophuthatswana Bopp bopper BOQ bor. bora Bora Bora boracic boracite ...
- Dictionary of Phrase and Fable: B - Definitions, origins, and illustrative excerpts for words, phases, and literary allusions starting with "B"