One who borrows books, but does not return them.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Book-keeper from Infoplease:
- Book-keeper - Book-keeper One who borrows books, but does not return them. Source: Dictionary of Phrase and ...
- Guide to Spelling: Hooked on Phonics: Quick and Dirty Tricks of the Trade - Guide to Spelling: Hooked on Phonics Quick and Dirty Tricks of the Trade Guide to Spelling: Hooked ...
- Walt Whitman: Song of Myself, Part 15 - The pure contralto sings in the organ loft, The carpenter dresses his plank, the tongue of his foreplane whistles its wild ascending lisp, The married
- Walt Whitman: First O Songs for a Prelude - First O songs for a prelude, Lightly strike on the stretch'd tympanum pride and joy in my city, How she led the rest to arms, how she gave the cue, Ho
- Louisa M. Alcott: Demi Settles - Mother, can I have a little serious conversation with you? asked Demi one evening, as they sat together enjoying the first fire of the season, while D