There were three periods to the Bolognese School in painting-
the Early, the Roman, and the Eclectic. The first was founded by Marco
Zoppo, in the fifteenth century, and its best exponent was Francia. The
second was founded in the sixteenth century by Bagnacavallo, and its
chief exponents were Primaticio, Tibaldi, and Nicolo dell' Abate. The
third was founded by the Carracci, at the close of the sixteenth
century, and its best masters have been Domenichino, Lanfranco, Guido,
Schidone, Guercino, and Albani.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Bolognese School from Infoplease:
- Bolognese School - Bolognese School There were three periods to the Bolognese School in painting- the Early, the ...
- Lorenzo Costa - Costa, Lorenzo Costa, Lorenzo , 1460–1535, Italian painter of the Ferrarese and Bolognese ...
- Marcantonio Franceschini - Franceschini, Marcantonio Franceschini, Marcantonio , 1648–1729, Italian painter of the ...
- Giuseppe Maria Crespi - Crespi, Giuseppe Maria Crespi, Giuseppe Maria , 1665–1747, Italian painter of the Bolognese ...
- Cignani, Carlo, Conte - Cignani, Carlo, Conte Cignani, Carlo, Conte , 1628–1719, Italian historical painter of the ...
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring