The divinity invoked by Indian women who desire fecundity.
Children born after an invocation to Bod must be redeemed, or else
serve in the temple of the goddess. (Indian mythology.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Bod from Infoplease:
- sewerage - sewerage sewerage, system for the removal and disposal of chiefly liquid wastes and of rainwater, ...
- BOD - BOD: BOD: see sewerage.
- bod: meaning and definitions - bod: Definition and Pronunciation
- Bod - Bod The divinity invoked by Indian women who desire fecundity. Children born after an invocation to ...
- imbody: meaning and definitions - imbody: Definition and Pronunciation