or Blue Bonnets. The Scotch.
“He is there, too, ... and a thousand blue caps more.” —Shakespeare: 1 Henry IV., ii. 4.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Blue Caps from Infoplease:
- Blue Caps - Blue Caps or Blue Bonnets. The Scotch. “He is there, too, ... and a thousand blue caps ...
- bluebonnet: meaning and definitions - bluebonnet: Definition and Pronunciation
- The Girl Can't Help It (1956) - Starring Tom Ewell, Jayne Mansfield, Edmond O'Brien, Julie London, Ray Anthony
- Libertines - Libertines A sect of heretics in Holland, led by Quinton a factor, and Copin. They maintained that ...
- William Shakespeare: Henry IV (Pt 1), Act II, Scene IV - Ned, prithee, come out of that fat room, and lend me thy hand to laugh a little.