(an oath). You be blowed (an oath), a play on the word
Dash me, which is a euphemism for a more offensive oath.
“ `Well, if you won't stand a pint,' quoth the tall man, `I will,
that's all, and blow temperance.' ” —Kingsley: Alton Locke,
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Blow Me from Infoplease:
- Blow Me - Blow Me (an oath). You be blowed (an oath), a play on the word Dash me, which is a euphemism for a ...
- Carl Sandburg: The Great Hunt - I cannot tell you now; When the wind's drive and whirl Blow me along no longer, And the wind's a whisper at last — Maybe I'll tell you then — some oth
- Amy Lowell: Night and Sleep - The day takes her ease in slippered yellow. Electric signs gleam out along the shop fronts, following each other. They grow, and grow, and blow into p
- blow: meaning and definitions - blow: Definition and Pronunciation
- An encounter between the Ba... - The Surprising Adventures Of Baron Munchausenby Rudolph Erich Raspe In which the Baron proves h... ...