Money paid to a person for giving such evidence as shall lead
to the conviction of another; money paid to the next of kin to induce
him to forego his “right” of seeking blood for blood; money paid to a
person for betraying another, as Judas was paid blood-money for
showing the band the place where Jesus might be found.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Blood Money from Infoplease:
- blood money: meaning and definitions - blood money: Definition and Pronunciation
- Blood Money - Blood Money Money paid to a person for giving such evidence as shall lead to the conviction of ...
- Judas Iscariot - Judas Iscariot Judas Iscariot , Jesus' betrayer, possibly from the village of Kerioth, the only ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index Blida Bligh blight blighter blighty blimey blimp blimpish blin blind blind alley ...
- Burke and Hare - Starring Simon Pegg, Isla Fisher, Tim Curry, Christopher Lee, Tom Wilkinson