(pronounce blah-zay ). Surfeited with pleasure. A man
blasé is one who has had full swing to all the pleasures of life,
and has no longer any appetite for any of them. A worn out debauchée
(French, blaser, to exhaust with enjoyment).
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Blase from Infoplease:
- blasé: meaning and definitions - blasé: Definition and Pronunciation
- Blase - Blase (pronounce blah-zay ). Surfeited with pleasure. A man blasé is one who has had full ...
- Detective - Starring Laurent Terzieff, Aurelle Doazan, Jean-Pierre Léaud
- James Merrill - Merrill, James Merrill, James (James Ingram Merrill), 1926–95, American poet, b. New York ...
- July 9, 1804 - The Journals of Lewis and Clarkby Meriwether Lewis and William Clark July 8, 1804 July 10, 1804 ...