[Kârâ-Koin-loo ]. A tribe of Turkomans, so
called from their standards. This tribe was extirpated by the White
A Black Sheep. A disgrace to the family; a mauvais sujet; a
workman who will not join in a strike. Black sheep are looked on with
dislike by shepherds, and are not so valuable as white ones.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Black Sheep from Infoplease:
- black sheep: meaning and definitions - black sheep: Definition and Pronunciation
- Black Sheep - Starring Nathan Meister, Danielle Mason, Peter Feeney, Tammy Davis, Glenis Levestam
- Richard Burton: Black Sheep - From their folded mates they wander far, Their ways seem harsh and wild; They follow the beck of a baleful star, Their paths are dream-beguiled.
- Black Sheep - Black Sheep [Kârâ-Koin-loo ]. A tribe of Turkomans, so called from their standards. ...
- Chris Farley - Chris Farley Age: 33 actor The former Saturday Night Live star used his substantial girth to ...