To get the big bird (i.e. the goose). To be hissed on the
stage. A theatrical expression.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Big Bird from Infoplease:
- The Big Bird Cage - Starring Pam Grier, Anitra Ford, Candice Roman, Teda Bracci, Carol Speed
- Big Bird - Big Bird To get the big bird (i.e. the goose). To be hissed on the stage. A theatrical expression. ...
- What does it mean? plumose - plumose -- Listen to the pronunciation: WAV format or AU format Who of these denizens of Sesame ...
- Mark Fidrych - Biography of Mark Fidrych, Mark Fidrych, better known to baseball fans as "the bird," was a pitcher for the Detroit Tigers from 1976 to 1980. He was a sensation in his…
- Thanksgiving Day Parade - Thanksgiving Day Parade A holiday tradition celebrates its 75th anniversary by John Gettings Photos ...