A decree issued at Berlin by Napoleon I., forbidding any of the
nations of Europe to trade with Great Britain (1806). This mad fancy
was the first step to the great man's fall.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Berlin Decree from Infoplease:
- Berlin Decree - Berlin Decree Berlin Decree, 1806, decree issued in Berlin by Napoleon I on Nov. 21 in answer to ...
- Berlin Decree - Berlin Decree A decree issued at Berlin by Napoleon I., forbidding any of the nations of Europe to ...
- Milan Decree - Milan Decree Milan Decree, issued Dec., 1807, by Napoleon I of France in an attempt to enforce the ...
- Continental System - Continental System Continental System, scheme of action adopted by Napoleon I in his economic ...
- Encyclopedia: Treaties and Alliances - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Treaties and Alliances.