A rough fur cap, named from a noted pugilist, William Thompson;
so nicknamed from his birthplace in Australia.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Bendigo from Infoplease:
- Bendigo - Bendigo Bendigo , city (1991 pop. 57,427), Victoria, SE Australia. Founded in 1851 during the gold ...
- Bendigo: meaning and definitions - Bendigo: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/bendigo - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Bendigo - Bendigo A rough fur cap, named from a noted pugilist, William Thompson; so nicknamed from his ...
- Louis L'Amour - L'Amour, Louis) L'Amour, Louis), 1908–88, American writer of western fiction, b. ...