(Benedict ). The most wealthy farmer of Grand Pré (
Nova Scotia), and father of Evangeline. When the inhabitants of his
village were exiled, and he was about to embark, he died of a broken
heart, and was buried on the sea-shore. (Longfellow: Evangeline.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Bellefontaine from Infoplease:
- Bellefontaine - Bellefontaine Bellefontaine , city (1990 pop. 12,142), seat of Logan co., W central Ohio; settled ...
- Bellefontaine: meaning and definitions - Bellefontaine: Definition and Pronunciation
- Bellefontaine - Bellefontaine (Benedict ). The most wealthy farmer of Grand Pré ( Nova Scotia), and father ...
- William LAWRENCE - William LAWRENCE (1819-1899) LAWRENCE, William, a Representative from Ohio; born in Mount Pleasant, ...
- Robert Patterson KENNEDY - Robert Patterson KENNEDY (1840-1918) KENNEDY, Robert Patterson, a Representative from Ohio; born in ...