(3 syl.). A madman, a fool, an inhabitant of a Bedlam.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Bedlamite from Infoplease:
- bedlamite: meaning and definitions - bedlamite: Definition and Pronunciation
- Bedlamite - Bedlamite (3 syl.). A madman, a fool, an inhabitant of a Bedlam. Source: Dictionary of Phrase and ...
- Preface - The Complete Poetical Works of Percy Bysshe Shelleyby Percy Bysshe Shelley Preface by Mrs. Shelley ...
- Louisa May Alcott: Pranks and Plays - As there is no particular plan to this story, except to describe a few scenes in the life at Plumfield for the amusement of certain little persons, we
- Dictionary of Phrase and Fable: B - Definitions, origins, and illustrative excerpts for words, phases, and literary allusions starting with "B"