(3 syl.) A song sung by Venetian barcaroli, as they row
their gondolas. (Italian, barcarolo, a boatman.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Barcarole from Infoplease:
- barcarole: meaning and definitions - barcarole: Definition and Pronunciation
- Barcarole - Barcarole (3 syl.) A song sung by Venetian barcaroli, as they row their gondolas. (Italian, ...
- Gabriel Urbain Fauré - Fauré, Gabriel Urbain Fauré, Gabriel Urbain , 1845–1924, French composer; pupil ...
- chantey - chantey chantey or shanty, work song with marked rhythm, particularly one sung by a group of ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index bal Bala Balaam balaclava Balaguer Balak Balaklava Balakovo balalaika balance ...