A money-changer's bench or table. (Italian banco or
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Bank from Infoplease:
- banking - banking banking, primarily the business of dealing in money and instruments of credit. Banks were ...
- Banks Island - Banks Island Banks Island, c.26,000 sq mi (67,340 sq km), NW Northwest Territories, Canada, in the ...
- Banks: meaning and definitions - Banks: Definition and Pronunciation
- savings bank - savings bank savings bank, financial institution that, until recently, performed only the following ...
- central bank - central bank central bank, financial institution designed to regulate and control the money supply ...