To cheat by cunning, or daze with tricks.
“The third refinement observable in the letter I send you, consists
of the choice of certain words invented by some pretty fellows, such as
banter, bamboozle ... and kidney ... some of which are now
struggling for the vogue, and others are in possession of it.” —Swift: The Tatler (Sept. 28, 1710).
To bamboozle into
(doing something). To induce by trickery.
To bamboozle one out of something.
To get something by trickery.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Bamboozle from Infoplease:
- bamboozle: meaning and definitions - bamboozle: Definition and Pronunciation
- Bamboozled - Starring Damon Wayans, Jada Pinkett-Smith, Tommy Davidson, Savion Glover, Michael Rapaport
- Bamboozle - Bamboozle To cheat by cunning, or daze with tricks. “The third refinement observable in the ...
- Gumshoe - Starring Albert Finney, Billie Whitelaw, Frank Finlay, Janice Rule, Carolyn Seymour
- Duffer - Duffer (A) now means a person easily bamboozled, one of slow wit; but originally it meant one who ...
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring