A picture or image of the infant Jesus, swaddled (Italian,
bambino, a little boy). The most celebrated is that in the church
of Sts. Maria, in the Ara Cli of Rome.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Bambino from Infoplease:
- bambino: meaning and definitions - bambino: Definition and Pronunciation
- Bambino - Bambino A picture or image of the infant Jesus, swaddled (Italian, bambino, a little boy). The most ...
- Amy Lowell: Teatro Bambino - How still it is! Sunshine itself here falls In quiet shafts of light through the high trees Which, arching, make a roof above the walls Changing from
- Amy Lowell: Lyrical Poems - Before the Altar, bowed, he stands With empty hands; Upon it perfumed offerings burn Wreathing with smoke the sacrificial urn. Not one of all these ha
- This Day in History: January 3 - January 3 Yesterday Tomorrow 1521 Martin Luther excommunicated by Pope Leo X. 1777 George ...