or Belphegor. The Priapus of the Moabites and
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Baal-Peor from Infoplease:
- Baal-peor - Baal-peor Baal-peor , local divinity (the Baal) of Peor. According to the Book of Numbers, the ...
- Baal-Peor - Baal-Peor or Belphegor. The Priapus of the Moabites and Midianites. Source: Dictionary of Phrase ...
- Belphegor - Belphegor: Belphegor: see Baal-peor.
- Beth-peor - Beth-peor Beth-peor , in the Bible, town of ancient Palestine where Baal-peor was worshiped.
- Peor - Peor Peor [Heb.,=opening], mountain, E of Jordan, to which Balak took Balaam to deliver his curses. ...