(Latin). The electrical lights occasionally seen in the
northern part of the sky; also called “Northern Lights,” and “Merry
Dancers.” (See Derwentwater.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Aurora Borealis from Infoplease:
- aurora borealis: meaning and definitions - aurora borealis: Definition and Pronunciation
- aurora borealis - aurora borealis aurora borealis and aurora australis, luminous display of various forms and colors ...
- Aurora Borealis - Starring Joshua Jackson, Donald Sutherland, Juliette Lewis, Louise Fletcher, Steven Pasquale
- The Auroras - The Auroras The “northern lights” (Aurora borealis) as well as the “southern ...
- Aurora Borealis - Aurora Borealis (Latin). The electrical lights occasionally seen in the northern part of the sky; ...