A famous musician in David's time (1 Chron. xxv. 1, 2). Mr.
Tate, who wrote the second part of Absalom and Achitophel, lauds
Dryden under this name.
While Judah's throne and Sion's rock stand fast,
The song of Asaph and the fame shall last.
Absalom and Achitophel,
part ii, 1063–4.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Asaph from Infoplease:
- Asaph - Asaph Asaph , in the Bible. 1. Choirmaster of David's time, or the eponym of a corps of ...
- Asaph - Asaph A famous musician in David's time (1 Chron. xxv. 1, 2). Mr. Tate, who wrote the second ...
- hall: meaning and definitions - hall: Definition and Pronunciation
- Ethni - Ethni Ethni , in the Bible, an ancestor of Asaph the singer, perhaps the same as Jeaterai.
- Abiasaph - Abiasaph Abiasaph , in the Bible, Levitical family. It also appears as Ebiaseph and Asaph.
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring