The sailors of the ship Argo. Apollonios of Rhodes wrote
an epic poem on the subject. (Greek, argonaus.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Argonauts from Infoplease:
- Argonaut: meaning and definitions - Argonaut: Definition and Pronunciation
- Argo - Argo Argo , in Greek mythology, ship in which Jason and the Argonauts sailed in quest of the Golden ...
- paper nautilus - paper nautilus paper nautilus, pelagic, surface-dwelling cephalopod mollusk of the genus Argonauta. ...
- Golden Fleece - Golden Fleece Golden Fleece, in Greek mythology, the magic fleece of the winged ram that saved ...
- Jason, in Greek mythology - Jason Jason, in Greek mythology, son of Aeson. When Pelias usurped the throne of Iolcus and killed ...