A giantess of unbridled licentiousness, in Spenser's
Faërie Queene, iii. 7.
That geauntesse Argantè is behight,
A daughter of the Titans ...
Her sire Typhoeus was. ...
Book iii, 7, st. 47.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Argante from Infoplease:
- Argante - Argante (3 syl.). A giantess of unbridled licentiousness, in Spenser's Faërie Queene, iii. ...
- Argantes - Argantes (3 syl.). A Circassian of high rank and matchless courage, but fierce to brutality, and an ...
- Solyman - Solyman king of the Turks (in Jerusalem Delivered), whose capital was Nice. Being driven from his ...
- Ridolphus - Ridolphus (in Jerusalem Delivered). One of the band of adventurers that joined the Crusaders. He ...
- Briareos - Briareos or Ægeon. A giant with fifty heads and a hundred hands. Homer says the gods called ...
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring