According to the Koran, there are four archangels. Gabriel. the angel of revelations, who writes down the divine decrees;
Mïchael, the champion, who fights the battles of faith; Azrael, the angel of death; and Azrafil, who is commissioned to sound
the trumpet of the resurrection.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Archangels from Infoplease:
- archangel: meaning and definitions - archangel: Definition and Pronunciation
- Arkhangelsk - Arkhangelsk Arkhangelsk or Archangel, city (1990 est. 418,000), NW European Russia, on the Northern ...
- Archangel - Starring Michael Gottli, David Falkenburg, Michael O'Sullivan, Margaret Anne MacLeod, Ari Cohen
- archangel, in religion - archangel archangel , chief angel. They are four to seven in number. Sometimes specific functions ...
- Archangel, city, Russia - Archangel: Archangel: see Arkhangelsk, Russia.