“April is the month of love; and the country of Chastelleraud abounds
with Arcadian nightingales.” -
. v. 7 (note).
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Arcadian Nightingales from Infoplease:
- Arcadian Nightingales - Arcadian Nightingales Asses. “April is the month of love; and the country of Chastelleraud ...
- Fen Nightingale - Fen Nightingale A frog, which sings at night in the fens, as nightingales sing in the groves. (See ...
- Lincolnshire Bagpipes - Lincolnshire Bagpipes The croaking of frogs in the Lincolnshire fens. We have Cambridgeshire ...
- Nightingale - Nightingale Tereus, King of Thrace, fetched Philomela to visit his wife; but when he reached the ...
- Dictionary of Phrase and Fable: A - Definitions, origins, and illustrative excerpts for words, phases, and literary allusions starting with "A"