King of the bottomless pit. (Rev. ix. 11.) His contest with
Christian, in Bunyan's allegory, has made his name familiar. (Greek,
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Apollyon from Infoplease:
- Abaddon - Abaddon Abaddon , Hebrew name of Apollyon. In ancient Jewish tradition it was used for part of ...
- Apollyon - Apollyon Apollyon [Gr.,=Destroyer], in the Book of Revelation, name of the angel of the bottomless ...
- Apollyon: meaning and definitions - Apollyon: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/apollyon - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Apollyon - Apollyon King of the bottomless pit. (Rev. ix. 11.) His contest with Christian, in Bunyan's ...