In Egyptian mythology, similar to the Hermës of Greece, whose
office it was to take the souls of the dead before the judge of the
infernal regions. Anubis is represented with a human body and jackal's
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Anubis from Infoplease:
- Anubis - Anubis Anubis , Egyptian god of the dead. He presided over the embalming of the dead and is ...
- Anubis: meaning and definitions - Anubis: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/anubis - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Anubis - Anubis In Egyptian mythology, similar to the Hermës of Greece, whose office it was to take the ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index Anu Anubis anucleate anucleolate -anum Anunnaki Anuradhapura anuran anuresis ...