or Unlikists. A sect in the fourth century, which
maintained that the essence of the Son is wholly unlike that of the
Father. (Greek, anmoios, unlike.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Anomoeans from Infoplease:
- Anomoeans - Anomoeans or Unlikists. A sect in the fourth century, which maintained that the essence of the Son ...
- Aetius, Syrian theologian - Aetius Aetius , d. 367, Syrian theologian. He became prominent (c.350) as an exponent of the ...
- Eunomius - Eunomius Eunomius , c.A.D. 333–A.D. 393?, bishop of Cyzicus (c.361), founder of the Eunomian ...
- Arianism: Divisions within Arianism - Divisions within Arianism The Anomoeans [Gr.,=unlike], followers of Eunomius and Aetius, were pure ...
- Dictionary of Phrase and Fable: A - Definitions, origins, and illustrative excerpts for words, phases, and literary allusions starting with "A"