(St.) Her attributes are a stake and faggots, with a
palm branch in her hand. The allusion is, of course, to her martyrdom
at the stake.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Anastasia from Infoplease:
- Anastasia: meaning and definitions - Anastasia: Definition and Pronunciation
- Anastasia - Anastasia Anastasia (Anastasia Nikolayevna), 1901–18, youngest daughter of Czar Nicholas II, ...
- Saint Anastasia - Anastasia, Saint Anastasia, Saint , 4th cent., Roman noblewoman, kind to the poor, martyred under ...
- Anastasia - Anastasia Directors/Producers: Don Bluth and Gary Goldman Writers: Susan Gauthier, Bruce Graham, ...
- Anastasia - Starring Meg Ryan, John Cusack, Kelsey Grammer, Christopher Lloyd, Bernadette Peters