in the satire of Absalom and Achitophel, by Dryden and
Tate, is designed for Heneage Finch, Earl of Notthingham and Lord
Our list of nobles next let Amri grace,
Whose merits claimed the Abethdin's (Lord Chancellor's) high place—
To whom the double blessing does belong,
With Moses' inspiration, Aaron's tongue.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Amri from Infoplease:
- Amri: meaning and definitions - Amri: Definition and Pronunciation
- Amri - Amri in the satire of Absalom and Achitophel, by Dryden and Tate, is designed for Heneage Finch, ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index amobarbital amoeba amoebaean amoebiasis amoebic amoebocyte amoeboid amok amole ...
- Current Government Officials: Egypt - World > Heads of State Info Egypt Chiefs of State and Cabinet Members of Foreign Governments ...
- Yemen: History - History Northern Yemen The earliest recorded civilizations of S Arabia were the Minaean and ...
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring