The Peace of Amiens , March 27, 1802, a treaty
signed by Joseph Bonaparte, the Marquis of Cornwallis, Azara, and
Schimmelpenninck, to settle the disputed points between France,
England, Spain, and Holland. It was dissolved in 1803.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Amiens from Infoplease:
- Treaty of Amiens - Amiens, Treaty of Amiens, Treaty of, 1802, peace treaty signed by France, Spain, and the Batavian ...
- Amiens - Amiens Amiens , city (1991 pop. 136,234), capital of Somme dept., N France, in Picardy, on the ...
- Amiens: meaning and definitions - Amiens: Definition and Pronunciation
- Peter the Hermit: meaning and definitions - Peter the Hermit: Definition and Pronunciation
- Amiens - Amiens (3 syl.). The Peace of Amiens , March 27, 1802, a treaty signed by Joseph Bonaparte, the ...