The Adrian renegade, a Venetian by extraction, who forswore the
Christian faith to become a commander in the Turkish army. He led the
host to the siege of Corinth, while that country was under the dominion
of the Doge. He loved Francesca, daughter of Minotti, governor of
Corinth, but she died of a broken heart because he deserted his country
and was an apostate. The renegade was shot in the siege. —Byron:
Siege of Corinth.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Alp from Infoplease:
- Southern Alps - Southern Alps Southern Alps, mountain range, on South Island, New Zealand, paralleling the west ...
- Australian Alps - Australian Alps Australian Alps, chain of mountain ranges, SE Australia, making up the southern ...
- Julian Alps - Julian Alps Julian Alps, mountain range, NE Italy and NW Slovenia, between the Carnic Alps and the ...
- Zillertal Alps - Zillertal Alps Zillertal Alps , range of the E Alps astride the Austro-Italian border and extending ...
- Ötztal Alps - Ötztal Alps Ötztal Alps , mountain group, in the Tyrol, W Austria, S of the Inn River and ...
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring