Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Allen from Infoplease:
- Bog of Allen - Allen, Bog of Allen, Bog of, area of several peat bogs c.375 sq mi (971 sq km), with patches of ...
- Ginsberg: meaning and definitions - Ginsberg: Definition and Pronunciation
- Lough Allen - Allen, Lough Allen, Lough , lake, 8 mi (12.9 km) long and 3 mi (4.8 km) wide, Co. Leitrim and Co. ...
- Allen: meaning and definitions - Allen: Definition and Pronunciation
- Richard Allen - Allen, Richard Allen, Richard, 1760–1831, American clergyman, founder of the African ...