The palace of the ancient Moors in Granada. The word is the
Arabic al-hamra (the red castle).
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Alhambra from Infoplease:
- Alhambra, city, United States - Alhambra Alhambra , city (1990 pop. 82,106), Los Angeles co., S Calif., a suburb E of Los Angeles; ...
- Alhambra, Moorish citadel, Spain - Alhambra Alhambra [Arab.,=the red], extensive group of buildings on a hill overlooking Granada, ...
- Alhambra: meaning and definitions - Alhambra: Definition and Pronunciation
- Alhambra - Alhambra The palace of the ancient Moors in Granada. The word is the Arabic al-hamra (the red ...
- Alhambra, California, Demographic Statistics - California Atlas Demographic Statistics Alhambra, California QuickFacts · Demographic ...