An instrument for extracting balls. So called from Alfonse
Ferri, a surgeon of Naples, who invented it. (1552.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Alfonsin from Infoplease:
- Raúl Alfonsín - Alfonsín, Raúl Alfonsín, Raúl (Raúl Ricardo Alfonsín ...
- Alfonsine tables - Alfonsine tables Alfonsine tables or Alphonsine tables, compilation of astronomical data tabulating ...
- Alfonsin - Alfonsin An instrument for extracting balls. So called from Alfonse Ferri, a surgeon of Naples, who ...
- Alfonsine Tables - Alfonsine Tables Astronomical tables constructed in 1252, by Isaac Hazan, a Jewish rabbi, who named ...
- Alphonsine tables - Alphonsine tables: Alphonsine tables: see Alfonsine tables.