in the Arabian Nights' Tales, obtains a magic lamp, and
a has splendid palace built by the genius of the lamp. He marries the
daughter of the sultan of China, loses his lamp, and his palace is
transported to Africa. Sir Walter Scott says, somewhat incorrectly—
The palace did not vanish into air, but was transported to another
“Vanished into air like the palace of Aladdin.”
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Aladdin from Infoplease:
- Aladdin - Starring Robin Williams, Scott Weinger, Linda Larkin, Jonathan Freeman, Frank Welker
- Aladdin: meaning and definitions - Aladdin: Definition and Pronunciation
- Aladdin - Aladdin in the Arabian Nights' Tales, obtains a magic lamp, and a has splendid palace built by ...
- Aladdin's Lamp - Aladdin's Lamp The source of wealth and good fortune. After Aladdin came to his wealth and was ...
- Aladdin's Window - Aladdin's Window To finish Aladdin's Window—i.e. to attempt to complete something ...