U. S. America. The name of an Indian tribe of the Mississippi
Valley, meaning “here we rest.”
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Alabama from Infoplease:
- University of Alabama - Alabama, University of Alabama, University of, main campus at Tuscaloosa; state supported, ...
- Alabama, indigenous people of North America - Alabama Alabama , indigenous people of North America whose language belongs to the Muskogean branch ...
- Alabama, river, United States - Alabama Alabama, river, 315 mi (507 km) long, formed in central Ala. by the confluence of the Coosa ...
- Alabama - Map of Alabama & articles on flags, geography, history, statistics, disasters, and current events.
- Confederate cruisers - Confederate cruisers Confederate cruisers, in U.S. history, warships constituting the South's ...