A granddaughter of Cain, loved by the seraph Samiasa. She is a
proud, ambitious, queen-like beauty, a female type of Cain. When the
flood came, her angel-lover carried her under his wings to some other
planet. —Byron: Heaven and Earth.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Aholibamah from Infoplease:
- Aholibamah - Aholibamah Aholibamah , in the Bible. 1. One of Esau's wives. 2. Duke of Edom.
- Aholibamah - Aholibamah Aholiba′mah A granddaughter of Cain, loved by the seraph Samiasa. She is a proud, ...
- Zibeon - Zibeon Zibeon , in the Bible. 1. Grandfather of Esau's wife Aholibamah. 2. Son of Seir and ...
- Genesis: 36 - Now these are the generations of Esau, who is…
- Samiasa - Samiasa A seraph, who fell in love with Aholibamah, a granddaughter of Cain, and when the flood ...