from the Latin ager (land), is a law for making land the
common property of a nation, and not the particular property of
individuals. In a modified form, it means a redistribution of land,
giving to each citizen a portion.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Agrarian Law from Infoplease:
- agrarian laws - agrarian laws agrarian laws, in ancient Rome, the laws regulating the disposition of public lands ...
- Agrarian Law - Agrarian Law from the Latin ager (land), is a law for making land the common property of a nation, ...
- agrarian: meaning and definitions - agrarian: Definition and Pronunciation
- Caius Flaminius - Flaminius, Caius Flaminius, Caius , d. 217 B.C., Roman statesman and general. In his tribuneship ...
- Julius Caesar: Dictatorship and Death - Dictatorship and Death On his return to Rome, where he was now tribune of the people and dictator, ...