Daughter of Cuno, the ranger, in love with Max, to whom she is
to be married, provided he carries off the prize in the annual
trial-shot. She is in danger of being shot by Max unwittingly, but is
rescued by a hermit, and becomes the bride of the young huntsman.
—Weber's Opera of Der Freischütz.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Agatha from Infoplease:
- Saint Agatha - Agatha, Saint Agatha, Saint , 3d cent., Sicilian virgin, martyred under Roman Emperor Decius. She ...
- Agatha: meaning and definitions - Agatha: Definition and Pronunciation
- Christie: meaning and definitions - Christie: Definition and Pronunciation
- Dame Agatha Christie - Christie, Dame Agatha Christie, Dame Agatha, 1890–1976, English detective story writer, b. ...
- Agatha - Agatha Daughter of Cuno, the ranger, in love with Max, to whom she is to be married, provided he ...