An Indian prince from the banks of the Ganges, who aided the
King of Egypt against the crusaders. He wore a serpent's skin, and
rode on an elephant. Adrastus was slain by Rinaldo.
Delivered, Book xx.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Adrastus from Infoplease:
- Adrastus - Adrastus Adrastus , in Greek legend, king of Argos. He organized the ill-fated Seven against Thebes ...
- Adrastus: meaning and definitions - Adrastus: Definition and Pronunciation
- Adrastus - Adrastus An Indian prince from the banks of the Ganges, who aided the King of Egypt against the ...
- Seven against Thebes - Seven against Thebes Seven against Thebes, in Greek legend, seven heroes—Polynices, Adrastus, ...
- Epigoni - Epigoni Epigoni , in Greek legend, the sons of the Seven against Thebes, who avenged the death of ...