Son of the star-beam and god of light among the Rosicrucians.
One of the names given by the Jews to Jehovah, for fear of breaking the
command, “Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord [Jehovah] thy God in
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Adonai from Infoplease:
- God - God God, divinity of the three great monotheistic religions, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, as ...
- Adonai - Adonai: Adonai: see God.
- Adonais - The Complete Poetical Works of Percy Bysshe Shelleyby Percy Bysshe Shelley Epipsychidion Hellas ...
- Adonais - The Complete Poetical Works of Percy Bysshe Shelleyby Percy Bysshe Shelley Preface Cancelled ...
- Adonai: meaning and definitions - Adonai: Definition and Pronunciation