After consecration, say the Catholics, the
substance of the bread and wine is changed
into that of the body and blood of Christ, but their
accidents (flavour, appearance, and so on)
remain the same as before.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Accidents from Infoplease:
- Space Accidents - Space Accidents 1967 Jan. 27, Apollo 1: a fire aboard the space capsule on the ground at Cape ...
- Nuclear and Chemical Accidents - Nuclear and Chemical Accidents Though nuclear power is a good source of energy and is generally not ...
- Improper Driving as a Factor in Accidents - Improper Driving as a Factor in Accidents Fatal accidents Injury accidents All accidents Kind of ...
- Sharks - Sharks! Myths and statistics about the oceans' most fearsome creature by David Johnson Read ...
- Railroad - Railroad 1918 July 9, Nashville, Tenn.: 101 killed in a two-train collision near Nashville. Other ...
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring