The faithful seraph who withstood Satan when he urged the
angels to revolt. (See Paradise Lost, Bk.
v., lines 896, etc.)
“[He] adheres, with the faith of Abdiel, to the ancient form of adoration.”
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Abdiel from Infoplease:
- Abdiel - Abdiel Ab′diel The faithful seraph who withstood Satan when he urged the angels to revolt. ...
- 1 Chronicles: 5 - Now the sons of Reuben the firstborn of Israel…
- Abdael - Abdael (2 syl.). George Monk, third Duke of Albemarle. Brave Abdael o'r the prophets' ...
- Angels - Angels say the Arabs, were created from pure, bright gems; the gems, of fire; and man, of clay. ...
- John Milton - Paradise Lost: Book VI - All night the dreadless Angel unpursu'd Through Heav'ns wide Champain held his way, till Morn, Wak't by the circling Hours, with rosie hand Unbarr'd t
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring