(French.) To the farthest point. The correct form of the
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on outrance from Infoplease:
- outrance: meaning and definitions - outrance: Definition and Pronunciation
- A outrance - A outrance (French.) To the farthest point. The correct form of the phrase. Source: Dictionary of ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index Oruro ORuss ORV Orvieto Orville Orwell Orwellian -ory oryx orzo os O.S.A. Osage ...
- A l'outrance - A l'outrance To the uttermost. (Anglo-French for à outrance.) “A champion has ...
- English French - English French A kind of perversity seems to pervade many of the words which we have borrowed from ...