Fatty ArbuckleComedian / Filmmaker
Born: 24 March 1887
Died: 28 June 1933 (heart attack)
Birthplace: Smith Center, Kansas
Best known as:
The rotund silent film comedian
Name at birth: Roscoe Conkling Arbuckle
Fatty Arbuckle was one of the first great silent film comedians. He's especially remembered for his work with Mack Sennett's Keystone Kops. In 1921, at the peak of his fame, Arbuckle was accused of involvement in the death of actress Virginia Rappe after a raucous party. Arbuckle was acquitted of manslaughter, but the incident ruined his career. He later directed films under the pseudonym William B. Goodrich.
Copyright © 1998-2015 by Who2?, LLC. All rights reserved.
More on Fatty Arbuckle from Infoplease:
- Fatty Arbuckle - Biography of Fatty Arbuckle, The rotund silent film comedian
- Fatty Arbuckle - Fatty Arbuckle (Roscoe Arbuckle) actor, director Born: 3/24/1877 Birthplace: Smith Center, Kansas ...
- Top News Stories from 1921 - News stories covering international, U.S., science, financial, entertainment & sports events from 1921. Includes basic U.S., world & economic statistics and links to detailed statistical data
- Kansas - Information on Kansas — economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.
- San Jose, Calif. - Information on San Jose, Calif. — economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson
Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring