Birthplace: Long Island, New York
Best Known as: Top Fashion Designer
Michael Kors got his start in fashion by designing and merchandising
a collection for the renowned boutique Lothar’s in New York City. He was
19 at the time. In 1981, Kors launched his own clothing label. The Michael
Kors collections now include women’s and men’s wear, swimwear, sportswear,
fragrances, eyewear, timepieces, and more. In 2005, the first freestanding
Michael Kors store opened in Hong Kong, China.
Since 2004, Michael Kors has been one of the judges on
Project Runway, along with Heidi Klum and Nina
More on Michael Kors from Infoplease:
- Michael Kors - Biography of Michael Kors, Michael Kors got his start in fashion by designing and merchandising a collection for the renowned boutique Lothar’s in New York City. He wa…
- Project Runway Quiz: 1 - Project Runway Quiz Read more about Project Runway! Question 1: Who are the main judges on Project ...
- Project Runway: Season Four - Prom dresses and wrestling outfits were among the many challenges in this season
- Project Runway: Season Two - Designers in this season faced challenges involving making garments out of plants to creating a dress specifically for guest judge Iman
- Project Runway: Season One - Notable challenges included designing a dress from items in a supermarket and imagining fashion from the year 2050