Through his discovery that a specific combination of chemicals
caused living organisms to emit light, Chappelle facilitated important
findings within the fields of biology and chemistry, including developing
techniques for detecting bacteria in such items as food and water.
More on Emmett Chappelle from Infoplease:
- Emmett Chappelle - Biography of Emmett Chappelle, Through his discovery that a specific combination of chemicals caused living organisms to emit light, Chappelle facilitated important findin…
- Emmett W. Chappelle - Emmett W. Chappelle biochemist Born: 10/25/1925 Birthplace: Phoenix, Ariz. Emmett W. Chappelle ...
- National Inventors Hall of Fame 2007 Inductees - Inductees to the National Inventors Hall of Fame in 2007.
- African American Scientists & Inventors - Read biographies of notable African-American scientists, including Benjamin Banneker, George Washington Carver, Patricia Bath, and more.
- The National Inventors Hall of Fame - The National Inventors Hall of Fame The Inventors Hall of Fame, located in Akron, Ohio, was ...